About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, October 26, 2017

Squeaky Procrastination

After weeks of hearing incessant squeaking, I finally made the trip to Elliot. I had wanted to go earlier but the kids' schedules became out of control and I just couldn't fit the visit in between my chauffeur duties. (Side note: I love that Robby is becoming involved in activities but my goodness the management and execution of the schedules is exhausting!) The squeaking finally broke me down and forced me to rearrange my morning so that I could get it fixed.

Unfortunately the squeaky source was not the spectra sock. It turns out that the sound seems to be coming from the carbon fiber footplate. Elliot couldn't fix the issue so my foot is en route to the manufacturer. I am wearing a loaner and should have a replacement in a few days. The inconveniences of appointments and the vulnerability of device breakdown are both frustrations that I hate about being an amputee. When I'm forced to ferry to and from the prosthetist office for adjustments, repairs and replacements I begin to envy those who do not have to live with these issues. 

Of course, biological body parts also encounter issues so I am trying to count my blessings that my fix is more of an inconvenience than an obstacle. At least my foot issue is easy to remedy and is pain free. I will be forced to change schedules again so that I can pick up my new foot when it arrives, but looking at the bright side at least I am receiving a replacement without a battle.  

No comments:

Post a Comment