About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, November 02, 2017

Ear Frustrations

This ear infection is really starting to wear me down. I am not feeling as bad as I did on Monday, but the nagging pain and infection is starting to take a toll on my energy and mood. I am trying to be patient with myself, to allow myself an opportunity to fully heal and recover.  Patience with myself has never been a strength. 

Yesterday I struggled to keep up with Timmy, who was a bundle of energy. I am frustrated that I am not completely able to enjoy our playtime. I keep waiting for my ear to feel better, but the improvement is so incremental that it is infuriating.  Instead of happily playing with my little guy I found myself looking at the clock, waiting for Scott to come home so I could take a break. 

Today will be another day of taking it easy, taking my medication and drinking a lot of fluids. Hopefully another day of rest will help knock this infection out of my ear for good.  I'm tired of feeling sick!

No comments:

Post a Comment