About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, December 21, 2017

How Did He Do That??

Last evening I kissed the boys goodnight and headed out to get my haircut. Leaving the house sans kids is so rare that simply being alone transforms the most mundane chores into a getaway adventure. Being able to listen to my own radio station has become a luxury.  And yes, it has occurred to me that my markers for excitement have been skewed by having kids. 

This morning Timmy waddled out of his room earlier than normal, tugging and pulling at his diaper. Thinking that he was in a rush to use the potty I quickly pulled off his pants and unfastened his nighttime diaper. As the heavy diaper fell to the floor, I simultaneously felt my hand splash with warm liquid as I heard what sounded like a water balloon splatter on the floor.  Everything below my knee was drenched (including my prosthesis which will hold onto the stink considerably longer than anything else.)

It took me a moment to realize what happened, and even longer to clean it up, but apparently Scott had put Timmy's diaper on inside out last night. The waterproof outer layer acted as a balloon, collecting a night's worth of urine waiting to drop. Scrubbing the floor, I kept trying to figure out how he managed to put it on inside out? It was definitely not the best way to start winter vacation.

I cleaned up Timmy and then moved my efforts to the floor. I still don't know how he managed to put the diaper on inside out. Talk about a special talent! Hopefully this morning's diaper snafu isn't an indication of how the rest of our holiday will unfold. 


No comments:

Post a Comment