About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Tuesdays with Timmy

I have come to dread Tuesdays with Timmy. 

He receives his treatment for the autoimmune issue each Monday, which leaves him hyper with an overabundance of energy and a lack of impulse control the following day. If I could harness his energy on Tuesdays, I think we could power a medium size city. His insatiable curiosity and propensity for mischief are astounding!

The doctors assure me that his reaction is both normal and expected. I am grateful that it only lasts for 24 hours because if it were any longer, I think I would probably collapse. We are hoping that this unfortunate side effect will lessen as his body adjusts to the shots.

I spent yesterday running after him, redirecting his attention and cleaning up his messes. Even though we spent hours outside riding our bikes, swinging on the play set and jumping on the trampoline, his energy was not exhausted. We came inside for lunch, and while I was heating up his noodles he decided to "help" by washing his own hands. I then spent nearly an hour trying to clean the contents of a 24 ounce bottle of dish soap off of the bathroom walls, vanity and sink. Let me assure you, trying to clean liquid soap is an ironically messy endeavor! 

By the time Scott came home from work I was both exhausted and frazzled. Timmy was gleefully dancing in a puddle that he had just poured on the kitchen floor.  Trying to find the positive in my Tuesdays with Timmy, I logged over 18,000 steps keeping up with him, my kitchen floor has been washed and my bathroom walls have been thoroughly scrubbed down.

No comments:

Post a Comment