About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, January 25, 2018

SICK!

Well yesterday I didn't do my campaign for Mother of the Year any favors. Robby was complaining about not feeling well before school, but that has become part of our routine. He looked fine, and I was sure that he was just hoping to stay home and play on the computer. I quickly took his temperature, confirmed that it was normal and told him to suck it up and get into the car. He begrudgingly obliged and meandered out to the car at a slower than normal pace.  

Halfway to school he again complained about now feeling well. I felt his forehead and noticed that it felt warmer than normal. At almost the same time he began to implore me to pull the car over. As soon as I pulled into a parking lot he hopped out of the car and began to violently vomit. I helped him back into the car, wiped off his face and drove home.  He spent the majority of the day alternating between the bed and the bathroom. 

His fever has been fluctuating wildly over the past 24 hours. It can go from 99 to 103 within an hour, and drop back to near normal in almost the same amount of time. He's exhausted and it is a struggle to keep him hydrated. Although I hate to take him out of the house right now, if he doesn't show signs of improvement today, we will head to the doctor.

I am worried about my Koopa. He doesn't get sick often, but when he does he is usually knocked down. I wish I  could just curl up and cuddle him all day, but that isn't realistic. I need to keep Timmy occupied and safe. For the time being, safe means as far away from his brother as possible.  

I feel horrible for not believing Robby yesterday morning. I shouldn't have brushed off his complaints as a delay tactic.  I feel like I let him down by not believing him, but I'm certainly doing my best to try to get him healthy again, even if I have to do it while wearing a mask.

No comments:

Post a Comment