About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, March 08, 2018

Birthday Surprise!

Yesterday was Scott's birthday and despite it being a relatively low-key affair, he had a good day.  Robby was excited to help him celebrate and serenaded him with "Happy Birthday" at every opportunity. Timmy was happy to participate in the celebrations, although I did learn that he can no longer be trusted with a secret. My little guy couldn't wait to tell his Daddy that we bought him a pair of shoes for his birthday. We definitely need to work on secret keeping!

Despite Timmy spilling the beans about the shoes, he did not know all of the surprises I had planned. The shoes were actually a pair of summer sandals, which Scott is going to need when he and Robby go to Fort Lauderdale in April for the Night Ranger concert.  Both Robby and Scott were absolutely gobsmacked when they learned about the trip. I wish I had a camera rolling to film their reactions.

Thanks to my ill-fated trip to New Orleans earlier this month and the airline credit I received as compensation for my trouble, the concert getaway quickly came together.  I love how things work out sometimes! I was so frustrated spending the day in the airport and never ma,ing my trip, but seeing the boys excitement about their concert trip made my time mulling around the airport well spent.  

No comments:

Post a Comment