About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Modified Plans

My little Hamlet had a wonderful birthday. Filled with happiness, fun activities, balloons and blowing out candles on his very own cake, Scott and I tried to make his birthday special. I know that he won't remember his fourth birthday, but I will never forget his smiles and giggles of wonder.  

To kick off our celebration, Timmy and I went to the Toddler Time jump at our local trampoline park. He loves jumping and his adoration (and enthusiasm) only grow when I am permitted to jump with him. Almost as soon as we slipped on our jump socks Timmy was pulling me towards the trampolines. Together we jumped, sang and played for two hours.

Two hours of jumping didn't tire him out, but my goodness I was ready for a nap. Trampolining is quite a work-out! Unfortunately the constant impact and pistoning within my socket wreaks havoc on my limb. By the time Toddler Time was over, my limb was sore and my skin was bright with rub sores.  

I tried to stay off my feet as much as possible for the remainder of the day. Timmy was just as happy playing in the Chick-Fil-A indoor playground with new friends while I sat at our booth and watched through the window. My little four year old is a burgeoning social butterfly.

Because I managed my activities after the jump, I was able to contain the damage caused by our trampoline fun. I hate that Timmy's birthday plans were modified because of my prosthetic, but logically I know that the changes did not impact him. He had a great day, so I am going to concentrate on what I could do instead of what was changed.  






No comments:

Post a Comment