About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, May 21, 2018

Keys

Tired from the rain, yesterday we packed up the kids and headed to our local indoor rec center to use the pool. Timmy was delighted to practice his pool skills, and being active did wonders for my affect. Almost as soon as I slipped into the warm water I began to feel my anxiety melt away. 

After two hours of splishing and splashing, we began to get cold and decided to go home. We pulled our happy little fish out of the water, dried off and headed back to our car. It was only when we arrived at the car did we realize we couldn't find the keys.  

Scott (my husband) swore he put them in the pool bag. We ended up emptying the contents of our overstuffed bag in the middle of the parking lot.  

No  keys. 

We went back into the gym, assuming that the keys fell our of the bag when we grabbed our towels. 

No keys. 

We visited the check-in desk out of the hopes that somebody had found them on the ground and turned them in.

No keys. 

Frustrated and exhausting all options (we thought) we called AAA. As luck would have it, our spare keys were in the glove compartment of the locked car. (Sometimes forgetting to take something inside works to your benefit!)

After a long 30 minutes wrangling two antsy and wet kids in the parking lot while keeping my now fuming husband calm, AAA finally arrived.  The car was unlocked, our spare keys were retrieved and we headed home.   When I got home I changed out of my swim suit, forcing me to take off my leg. I couldn't help but laugh when I saw the missing car keys in the bottom of my socket.  Scott put them in my leg for "safe keeping" when I switched into my water leg.  I assumed that my poor suction was because of the wet liner- it never occurred to me to check in the socket.   

D'oh!

No comments:

Post a Comment