About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Too Big and Too Small

Warm weather finally has arrived. With the temperatures edging towards 90 everyday, I think that our persnickety winter is behind us. Over the weekend I packed up the snow garb and brought out the summer clothes. (Of course, none of the clothes I carefully packed and stored for Robby or for Timmy fit anymore, making the entire effort for naught.)

Robby and Timmy both went through growth spurts over the winter, so their shorts are both way too tight and way too short. I suspect that we will be shopping for new clothes over the next few days. I always feel a tinge of sadness sorting through clothes for the boys.  They are both growing up too quickly!  

While their clothes are too small, I happily discovered that my summer clothes are too big. The shorts that were too tight in September now fall off of me, and my snug shirts look baggy. Needless to say, I'm delighted with this development!

I've been working hard at becoming healthier. To date I have lost over 40 pounds, and I feel stronger and happier. Timmy is still fast as lightening, but at least I have a chance at keeping up with him. I finally feel like all of my efforts are starting to yield rewards.


No comments:

Post a Comment