About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, June 25, 2018

Picnic

Greetings from Ohio. 

Saturday morning we woke up before dawn and headed to the airport to catch a 6 AM flight to Ohio so we could attend Scott's family reunion. Traveling with a tween and a toddler is stressful under the best circumstances. With everybody sleep deprived, nervous and cranky, the trip was anything but relaxing!

The picnic went well. Robby thoroughly enjoyed speaking with his Great Uncle Grover, who was a POW from WWII. My little history buff sat next to him for hours, asking questions and absorbing all of the information he could glean. He even recorded some of the conversation so he could have it for future reference. I was impressed by Robby's questions and proud of his thoughtful behavior during the interaction.

While Robby was busy talking I was running after Timmy, who was his typical bundle of energy. He alternated between jumping on the trampoline, petting the bunnies and the admiring the chicken coup. By the time the afternoon was over we were both filthy, sweaty and tired.  

Today I will have the boys to myself while Scott runs errands with his mom and sister. After the commotion of the past few days, I'm looking forward to some quiet time. While I take the opportunity to knock out some work, I think Timmy will be content to play with his trains and watch cartoons while Robby will occupy himself playing video games. I'm sure that they will be ready to go by the time Scott comes home from his excursions.  

No comments:

Post a Comment