About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, June 04, 2018

WWII Weekend

Another WWII weekend is over, but we created memories that will last a lifetime. On Friday Robby's cousins were able to attend for their first time. After years of listening to him talk about it, they were thrilled with the opportunity to experience it first hand. Even though they had been treated to numerous tales and descriptions, I think they were in awe of the sheer scope of the event. Their little jaws dropped when they saw the fields of massive tanks and planes.  

Friday night his cousins had to leave and Robby and I headed to our hotel for the evening. We were hot and tired, but that didn't stop him from hitting the pool and researching the next day's activities.  I wish I had his energy! We had a great time and logged 22,000+ steps in the process.

Despite rain being in the forecast, Saturday was extremely hot and humid. True to form, that didn't stop my little soldier. He spent the day meticulously exploring, talking to the reenactors and examining all of the artifacts on display. After six hours we headed back to the hotel to cool off and to relax. Even Robby admitted that he was tired, although he jumped at the opportunity to return for the nighttime swing dance.

Sunday brought the surprise of his Daddy, who drove three hours to join us on the last day of the event. (He also brought me a much needed new liner, a gesture that I appreciate more than words.) Robby relished showing his Daddy around the event, introducing him to all of his new reenactor friends and carefully explaining all of the artifacts that he found interesting. 

As soon as Scott arrived I was relegated to the third wheel. Scott was his new military buddy and I followed the pair carrying the water bottles and money. At this point in the weekend I didn't mind being left behind. I know that Robby was delighted to share the experience with his Daddy, and I had reached my threshold on military memorabilia. In my experience, you can have too much of a good thing (although Robby would definitely disagree.)










No comments:

Post a Comment