About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Resuming Normal

With the sun shining bright against blue skies, yesterday was exactly what I needed to regroup and relax. The cool pool water immediately started to help relieve the swelling in my legs, the unfortunate side effect from Sunday's travel. After a few hours of splashing and playing with the boys my legs had returned to their normal size and I began to feel calmer and happier.  

Unfortunately we won't be able to go to the pool today. The skies are already darkened and thunderstorms are on the horizon. I'm glad that we took ample advantage of the opportunity yesterday because the forecast in this area is not favorable for the next few days. Although the weather will be yucky, my flowering shrubs and our pumpkin plants will appreciate the rain. 

Robby has been asking to visit his cousins, so we are going to head up to my Mom's for a few days when there is a break in the storms. I know that the Cousin Crew will be happy to be reunited for the week. It has been awhile since they have been together and with turtle camp starting next weekend, the opportunities for them to be together soon will become scarce. 

I don't have any great adventures planned (yet), but I am sure I will come up with something!


No comments:

Post a Comment