About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, September 10, 2018

Home Happy

The trip to San Francisco was productive, but my goodness, it is nice to be home. Five nights is just a few too long for me to be away from the boys. I know that there are others who travel far more extensively, but it is not my norm nor is it my preference. At my core, I am a homebody and I am okay with that!

Per tradition, Robby met me in the airport at baggage claim. I will never tire of seeing his sweet little face light up when he spots me across the terminal.  Timmy stayed in the car with Scott while Robby ran into the airport to greet me.  I heard Timmy squealing almost as soon as the car came into view as we walked to the parking lot. He was so excited to see me I feared that he would break the restraints of his car seat. I hope that the boys will always be that happy to see me, but I know eventually their enthusiasm will wane.

Because I was gone for so long, I am taking a short break from work responsibilities. Well, as much of a break as possible considering the circumstances. There are too many projects to walk away for an entire day, but I'm going to do my best to disconnect as much as possible, at least for a few hours.

Instead of heavy working, today will be spent playing catch up and pick up. I have some quick tasks that I need to finish up from the San Francisco trip. I also have lots of toys, dishes, laundry and assorted household items that need to be picked up and put away. It won't be relaxing for a day off, but at least I'll be able to get return the house to normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment