About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, September 12, 2018

September 11 Tradition

It is hard to believe that yesterday was the 17th anniversary of the attacks of September 11. In so many ways it feels like just yesterday. But looking at my family and my life today, it feels like a lifetime since I was that person. 

Per our family tradition, the boys baked and delivered chocolate chip cookies to our local firehouse. Robby and I began the tradition when he was only a few months old. I struggled to figure out a way to teach him about the events without evoking fear or uncertainty. I finally decided that spreading kindness to our First Responders was the perfect way for our family to honor the significance of the day.

While Robby grasps the scope of the events of September 11, Timmy was simply excited to bake cookies and visit the Fire Station. (My little Hamlet finds joy and fun in just about every activity.) He was especially delighted by the invitation to explore and to sit in the firetrucks. When you are four years old, sitting in a firetruck with your big brother might just be the best thing in the world!




No comments:

Post a Comment