About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, September 27, 2018

Homesick

Yesterday was productive albeit long. I had a great time reuniting with some friends and making new acquaintances. Conferences are always long days, but from a professional networking perspective, opportunities abound. 

Because of the conference schedule, I was able to escape the exhibit hall for a few hours to walk around the Vancouver waterfront. I enjoyed looking around, but the scenery and sightseeing experience made me miss my boys even more. Every time I saw a ship or a biplane my mind went to how excited my boys if they were with me. I miss my boys!

Today will be spent in the exhibit hall, meeting new people and talking about prosthetics. I'm looking forward to talking with practitioners about options in socket technology. Components receive so much attention, yet the foundation for each device is often overlooked. Hopefully we can change some perspectives today and get more prosthetists thinking about enhancing socket comfort for their patients!

Wish me luck, and if you are in Vancouver please stop by booth 218 (LIM Innovations) and say hello! 


No comments:

Post a Comment