About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Regrouping

My mom's pain is lessening and her mobility is improving. It was hard to leave her yesterday afternoon, but with my sister and her kiddos home during the evening, I felt comfortable going home knowing that she won't be alone.  I'll be returning for the weekend, and soon if needed, but I wanted to get the boys home for Halloween celebrations.

Between my mom's surgery and the chaos and heartbreak of dealing with my brother, I had completely lost the Halloween excitement. If I had my way, I would turn off the lights and forget about the holiday altogether. But with a 12-year-old a 4-year-old, canceling trick-or-treat isn't an option. I'm hoping to recapture some of the fun today by baking spooky cookies with the kids. Even if I don't feel the mood, I know that my boys deserve to be excited and celebrate. 

I want to thank everybody who reached out and offered support during the past few days. I am both heartbroken and relieved that my brother is in jail. Hopefully, he will dry out and gain some perspective. I am not optimistic, but I always have hope.  

No comments:

Post a Comment