About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, November 01, 2018

Halloween Wrap-Up

Another successful Halloween is in the books.  Per tradition, Robby and Scott went through the neighborhoods on the scooter. With Scott driving to each house, the pair were able to optimize their trick-or-treat potential. 

I pulled Timmy in his wagon through our neighborhood. I'm not sure which delighted him more: wearing a costume and getting candy or experiencing the neighborhood at night. At one point every leaf that he saw on driveways was "hot lava" and necessitated a jump. Considering that our neighborhood is set in the woods, we did a lot of jumping. Between his distractions and tackling the neighborhood by foot, Timmy did not score nearly as much candy as his brother.

I'm surprised by the degree of soreness I feel through my legs and shoulders this morning. I am not used to pulling a wagon for two hours, and my body is definitely feeling the effort today. I'm glad that my new socket by LIM Innovations was up to the task of Halloween night.  The last thing I needed was to have a prosthetic issue sideline our night!



No comments:

Post a Comment