About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, November 19, 2018

My Favorite Week

This is one of my favorite weeks of the year. The boys and I are already in Pennsylvania, visiting with my Mom and preparing for Thanksgiving. (Scott has two more days of work to finish before he joins us.)  Lists have been drafted and we are formulating our Thanksgiving readiness plan of attack. The next few days will be busy, but it will also be a lot of fun!

I love that Robby is still able to come up with me for the week. This year, I am thankful that he is thriving in his new school situation. I honestly don't remember him ever being so excited to learn, and so eager to tackle his classes. I realize that our cyberschool/ hybrid approach isn't for everybody, but it is perfect for our family at this point in time.

Today we will be busy cleaning and prepping for Thursday. Robby is eager to put the knife skills that he has been practicing in his home-ec class to the test in his Nana's kitchen. The teacher also stresses the importance of cleaning up after you cook, so hopefully he will put his dishwashing skills on display as well.

Of course, Timmy is more than willing to help wash dishes if Robby balks at the job. Unfortunately, washing dishes for a four-year-old equates to playing in a sink filled with bubble water. I'm pretty sure that the only thing that gets clean when he "helps" me are his hands, but it certainly makes him happy to try!

No comments:

Post a Comment