About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, November 16, 2018

Baking Fun

We have had a handful of hurricane-related school closings over the years, but I can't remember ever having a snow day before Thanksgiving. Yesterday we had nearly 3 inches of snow, topped off with about 1/4 inch of ice, which prompted the first official snow day of the year. If our recent weather is any indication, we are in for a wild winter!

Robby and Scott were delighted to be off of school, and Timmy was nearly as giddy at having his brother and Daddy home for the day. Both boys desperately wanted to play in the snow, but much to their chagrin we kept them inside. We weren't anticipating a snowfall and hadn't yet secured new winter garb. I felt like a mom-fail not preparing earlier for winter, but I hopped onto Amazon and their new warm-weather gear will arrive by Monday.  

Instead of playing in the snow the boys and I spent the day playing and baking. It turns out that stamping out sugar cookies is nearly as much fun as throwing snowballs, and all disappointment melted away. With the snow covering the front yard and Christmas cookies piled on my kitchen counters, it is looking more and more like the holiday season.

No comments:

Post a Comment