About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, November 15, 2018

Snow Day

The boys went to bed last night happy in the knowledge that they didn't have to wake up at a designated time. Our first winter storm was forecast and schools closed in advance. I know other parents feel differently, but I always appreciate when schools make the decision before everybody goes to bed. The 4 AM phone call always jolts me from my slumber and I find it difficult to get back to sleep.

Although many of my friends felt that canceling early was an overreaction, I had no doubt that we were going to experience a strong weather event. My limb has become the best predictor of winter storms. Yesterday my limb was achy and sore throughout the day, and the pain only intensified as night encroached.  

Trying to sleep was difficult because the discomfort turned into phantom pain, which made for a miserable night. The long-range forecast predicts a heavy snow season, which also means that I am sure to experience a painful winter. It's a good thing that Scott is home today because I didn't sleep well last night and this momom is going to need a nap!

No comments:

Post a Comment