About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Timmy the Terrible.

I don't know what got into Hamlet yesterday, but he was a handful from the moment he woke up until he finally went to sleep. After spending several days outside with us, I think he was frustrated with being housebound. With a constant cold rain falling and my to-do list piling up, we stayed inside all day. Regardless of his motivation, he had a severe case of the naughties.

Timmy the Terrible started the morning by drawing on my wall with a blue crayon. I thought that being directed to remove the markings with a Magic Eraser would be a just punishment for his action. I was wrong. Apparently using a Magic Eraser when you are four is a lot of fun.  At least the crayon and a large portion of my hallway wall were thoroughly cleaned below 40 inches, even if he did enjoy his punishment. 

I spent the lion share of my afternoon stopping my tornado of destruction while desperately trying to work on my computer. He was not content to watch cartoons, nor was he happy playing on the iPad. Instead of playing quietly by himself, he opted to become the preschooler of mass destruction.

At one point I put my work aside and played trains with him for nearly an hour out of the hopes that he would continue independently. No such luck. As soon as I stopped playing the track was destroyed by an irate little boy who decided to use his trucks as bowling balls.

Throughout the day Timmy the Terrible continued his destruction.  I found him standing on my counter trying to reach the Halloween candy.  He was lifted off the counter only to begin scaling the shelves of the fridge as if he were a versed mountain climber.  He grabbed the eggs and ran through the house, thoroughly enjoying the chase.  He tried to give the cat a bath and attempted to swing like a monkey on our chandelier over the pool table. 

On a day when I really needed him to be good, he seemed to accept the challenge to make things as difficult for me as possible.

Hopefully today will be a better day!

No comments:

Post a Comment