About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Bolder Run

Timmy and Robby are so different that it borders on fascinating. With the exception of their physical similarities, it is hard to fathom that they are closely related. Robby has always been studious, cautious and intense. Timmy is silly and an adventurous thrill seeker.

I spent several hours yesterday afternoon throwing a giant yoga ball down a hill. As it was bouncing towards him, Timmy tried to beat it down the hill Indiana Jones style. Most of the time he won, but the peels of laughter when the ball ran him filled the cold air. I can only imagine how odd my trying to bowl over my preschooler must have looked to the new neighbors!

Robby would have become panicked and insulted had I rolled a giant ball after him down a hill, but Timmy hatched the idea and begged me to help. Robby loved looking for bugs and examining intricacies of bugs and rocks. Timmy views rocks as obstacles that need to be jumped over or thrown.  

This little guy is certainly keeping me active!

No comments:

Post a Comment