About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, January 21, 2019

Martian Air

Yesterday I struggled to walk due to the pain in the remainder of my calf muscle. As soon as I slipped on my prosthesis I knew that I was going to have a problem. It took several minutes before I was able to weight my leg, and the steps remained sore, bordering on painful, throughout the day. I am not sure why my leg hurt, but I can only surmise that the change in weather patterns was the culprit. 

Today is supposed to be wicked cold so I suspect our holiday will be spent curled up in front of the wood stove, desperately trying to keep warm. Robby has to go to his math tutor. With the exception of chauffeuring him to and fro, I have no intention of leaving the house. 

When the temperatures dip into single digits, we refer to the phenomenon as "Martian Air."  Robby dubbed the term many years ago when his studying the atmosphere of Mars happened to correspond with a severe cold snap. He was fascinated by the fact that it was colder in Virginia than it was on Mars. The cold weather nickname stuck, and we spent the weekend bringing in wood to prepare for the invasion of the Martian Air.  

Hopefully, the wood stove will be able to adequately battle the falling thermometer!


No comments:

Post a Comment