About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, January 25, 2019

Sick Night

I switched onto autopilot as soon as I heard the first heave. Even with a bone bruise, I hopped out of bed, threw on my leg and made it to Timmy's room in record time.  My little Timmy woke up vomiting and feverish. After cleaning his carpets, blankets and him, I blew up the air mattress and settled in for a long night.  

I hate when the kids are sick. I especially hate the stomach flu. I don't remember my mom wretching as she cleaned up my vomit as a kid. I remember her being calm and loving. She assures me that she did, indeed, gag during the task. I'm hoping that Timmy doesn't remember his Mom nearly matching his vomit in an attempt to clean. I have a rather weak stomach when it comes to vomit.  

Today will be spent nursing my little guy. Between his tummy and my leg, we won't leave the couch except to go to bed. Hopefully, we have contained patient zero adequately and the rest of the family won't be impacted.

No comments:

Post a Comment