About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, January 28, 2019

New Start

Even though I am woefully underemployed, I spent the majority of the weekend working. Weighting my prosthesis has morphed from painful to tender, but with each step, I am reminded to take it easy. Sitting on the couch with my laptop, I was able to allow my leg to continue to heal while still feeling productive.

Timmy was still not feeling fantastic, so we opted to keep him home and quiet. He was content watching cartoons and playing ABCMouse on the iPad.  Robby, basking in the knowledge that he had finished his first semester at his new school, spent his time Skyping with friends while playing video games. After Scott complained that there was nothing good on television, he quickly found alternative activities when I offered to change the chores on the wheel for him.  

It wasn't a terribly exciting weekend, but the boys were all able to relax while I was incredibly productive. While not having to worry about constantly checking emails and responding to calls immediately, I have missed working my brain since being laid off. Thankfully my new contracts are starting to produce some assignments and more projects are projected for the next few months.  

Today I go to the doctor (wish me luck) and Robby starts his new semester. With the goal of starting summer vacation early, we are going to try to work ahead in the coming weeks. Since he know understands both the program and the expectations, I think we have a shot making his long vacation dream a reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment