About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, January 14, 2019

SnowFun

This weekend was all about snow. We spent Saturday talking about the impending storm, finding all of the snow gear and schlepping in loads of firewood. By Saturday evening the flakes were beginning to fall and the excitement was growing. 

In retrospect, Scott and I probably should have tempered the family snow enthusiasm.  By the time he went to sleep on Saturday night, Timmy was already begging to go outside to play and to throw snowballs. We tucked him into bed with the promise that he would have plenty of time and snow by morning. After catching him sneaking out of his room to peek through the windows several times, he finally fell asleep.

The little rascal woke me up at 5 AM, begging to put his snow gear to go sledding. Let me tell you, that wake up was painful! I managed to convince him to stay inside until the sun was up and my coffee was consumed, but as soon as I gave the go-ahead he was ready to go.

While Scott plowed the driveway and our street, the boys and I played in our newly created winter wonderland. Both boys had a blast throwing snowballs, building a snowman and sledding. We spent the entire day either playing in the snow or warming up and drying out before going outside again. By the time we managed to convince the boys to come inside for the final time the sun was setting and the temperature was dropping. 

With schools already canceled for tomorrow, I suspect that the fun will be continued. It has been several years since we have had significant snowfall. I've forgotten about the degree of exhaustion that comes from pulling sleds and dodging snowballs all day.  


No comments:

Post a Comment