About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Flu-monia Continues

Yesterday was a rough day for my little Timmy. Between a high fever and a wicked cough, he was miserable. I do have to say that Robby really surprised me, although I should not have been surprised at all. At his core he is a really good kid, even though sometimes Robby Rotten (teen version) makes an appearance. 

Whenever I needed help or his brother was particularly uncomfortable, Robby lept to action. He sang countless verses of Baby Shark, cooled his little brother's head with washcloths and constantly asked how he could be of assistance. Sometimes he can be a little snarky tween, but yesterday he reminded me that he is an awesome big brother.

After an extremely long day, I was looking forward to a night of solid sleep. All hopes for Timmy sleeping and resting through the night were shattered when I heard the distinct first little yelp coming from his hot little body, warning of impending trouble. The vomiting continued throughout the night, adding to his misery and further weakening his little body.

This morning we are both exhausted. I am hoping to be able to sleep when he naps which, judging by demeanor and fever, will be frequent. Hopefully, we will turn the corner soon, because my I miss my little mischief maker!

No comments:

Post a Comment