About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, March 01, 2019

Snow Day (Again!)

Another Friday, which in NorthernVirginia translates to another school snow day. The schools canceled last night, which considering that we have only received trace amounts, was a tad premature. With ice in the forecast, I lend towards being cautious so the decision to cancel did not both me. Of course, finding daycare for snow days is not an issue that I face. If I were in that situation, today's cancelation may have garnered a completely different reaction. 

Based on the reactions on social media, I would not want to be in the position to make the decision. People are almost always frustrated, regardless of what was decided. I broke my self-imposed rule last night by reading the comments on the cancelation announcement. I was disappointed by the blatant and entitled rude retorts. Sigh. 

Today Timmy is going back to the doctor. He continues to have a strong cough and his energy and temperature fluctuate throughout the day. I'm concerned that the antibiotics for pneumonia may not be strong enough to help his little body fight this germy war. I hate it when he is sick!


No comments:

Post a Comment