About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, March 04, 2019

Sick Week #2

With Timmy's cough and fever lingering, the weekend was lowkey.  He and I spent the majority of our time cuddled on the couch, sitting in front of the fire and alternating our attention between The Polar Express and The Grinch movies. I tried to introduce other movies, including Hop because of Easter, but apparently the Christmas spirit is alive in his heart all year.

We are entering the second week of flu-monia, and I think everybody is starting to feel drained. Scott and I struggled to keep our frustrations in check over the weekend. Both of us were snappy, probably because we are sleep deprived and worried.  Robby spent his time working on the computer and playing online games with friends.

I was supposed to go to Orlando tonight for a meeting tomorrow. It has become glaringly clear that I am going to have to cancel the trip. Timmy is still sick and he needs me. I can't leave him when he is still dealing with a high fever, still reliant upon breathing treatments and feeling miserable. If his fever were lower and his cough less violent, I would consider having my Mom watch him so that I could attend. However, he is too sick to put in the care of somebody else, and I certainly want to avoid exposing any outsiders to his germs.  

It is a horrible feeling, knowing that I am letting people down.

No comments:

Post a Comment