About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, February 21, 2019

Ice and Snow

Timmy had a fantastic time playing in the snow. Between throwing snowballs and burying me to create a "SnowMomster," he definitely took full advantage of his playing opportunity. (Because the snow switched to sleet and freezing rain in the afternoon, we only went outside in the morning.) The afternoon was spent with Timmy playing inside while Robby worked on his schoolwork and while I continued cleaning my house.

My decluttering project continues to progress. I have now finished my kitchen, the bathroom, our dining room, and the hallway closet. On Monday Scott put out 12 boxes for the donation truck, and we have already filled another two. In addition to making donations, we have filled countless trash bags. I'm embarrassed that we have so much stuff in our house.

Contrary to the weather predictions, we still have snow this morning. Yesterday's rain was originally forecasted to arrive with warmer temperatures, resulting in massive melting. It turns out that the warmer temperatures never arrived, so now we have snow covered in a thick sheet of ice.  I avoid ice at all costs! Timmy will be disappointed when I refuse to venture outside until the sidewalks and walking surfaces have been treated, but safety takes priority over playing.




No comments:

Post a Comment