About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, February 15, 2019

Weekend Getaway and a Survey

Hamlet hasn't been feeling well, but the doctors assured me that his fever is a symptom of his immune system overreacting and is not an indication of an out-of-control infection. I hate seeing him feeling sick and hot with a fever, but I'm grateful that a more sinister cause isn't lurking. His immune system is wacky and continues to misfire, but slowly we are learning to read his cues to give him what he needs. Nothing with my little guy is easy, but he is most definitely worth the worry!

Yesterday was quiet. Other than going to the doctor we stayed home and didn't do anything of consequence. Timmy quietly played on ABCMouse while Robby worked on his schoolwork and while I tried to catch up on some reports. When we were done with our computer time, we snuggled on the couch to watch cartoons until Scott came home from work. I think that doing nothing was exactly what we all needed.

Today I'm packing up the boys and going to visit my Mom. I'm looking forward to hanging out and relaxing for a few days. Robby is excited to see his cousins on Sunday and is already planning activities for an overdo all-nighter. Since school is closed for President's Day on Monday, the Crew is planning to take full advantage of their time together. They haven't seen each other since Thanksgiving, and I know that Robby has sorely missed seeing his best friends. 

On a completely unrelated note, I had a discussion last week with a marketing firm conducting research into the amputee's use of prosthetic liners. They are offering $75 as compensation for filling out the following survey. I wanted to pass along this opportunity!

No comments:

Post a Comment