About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, March 12, 2019

A Day without Timmy

My house is unnervingly quiet this morning. Timmy spent the day with his cousins at my mom's house. From the photos and videos I received, he thoroughly enjoyed his time. He loves his cousins and they absolutely adore him. He is one lucky little kid to have so many people love him so deeply!

With Timmy out of the house, Robby and I spent several hours on his school work. Robby was able to spread his research paper notecards across the dining room table, as opposed to working behind his locked bedroom door, allowing him to get all of his information organized.  (I honestly don't know who will be happier when this project is over. It has been a beast of a paper.)

While Robby was busy on his paper, I spent my time working on Timmy's room. I was finally able to declutter and purge the toys. His furniture was rearranged to accommodate for his bunk bed slide, and I created a colorfully lit playhouse underneath his bed. It is my hopes that he is so excited to see his new room that he doesn't notice the piles and stacks of forgotten toys are now missing.

This morning I'll be picking up Timmy and bringing him home. I know that he had a great little getaway to his Nana's house, but we have missed him. Even Robby remarked that he missed his little brother, which is something I never really thought I would hear coming from him. Don't get me wrong, he is an excellent big brother. But sometimes that role can wear thin. 


No comments:

Post a Comment