About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, March 15, 2019

Pressure Cooker Failure

Things were relatively normal yesterday until dinnertime. Robby worked on his homework while Timmy and I played on ABCMouse. After I finished up some projects and we ate lunch the boys were able to take advantage of the beautiful weather by going for another bike ride.

Per our routine, Scott was talking to me while I was working on dinner. I released the steam on my Power Pressure Cooker XL and then I grabbed a sponge to wipe the sink. All of a sudden we both heard a loud hissing sound, followed by a bellowing pop. Without notice, the lid flew off the pressure cooker, throwing boiling water and chopped up potatoes over everything within two feet. 

My left hand was coated with boiling water and the pain was unbearable. We immediately tried to cook my hand down with cold water and an icepack. As I watched blisters begin to form, we knew that I needed to get medical attention.

We packed up Timmy and headed to Urgent Care. I have second-degree burns over 30% of my left hand. The prescription cream helps, but the pain is omnipresent. Hopefully, it will heal quickly because right now I'm miserable.

No comments:

Post a Comment