About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, April 01, 2019

Playing

Wish my strongest allergy medicine coursing through my body, I head outside into the pink flower assault on Saturday. I had planned to work in the yard all day, getting ready for the change in seasons. Somehow the chores I laid out gradually morphed into the kids playing baseball, jumping on the trampoline and lighting the firepit.  They were having too much fun for me to become frustrated. Instead, I decided to just relax and enjoy the day.  

I managed to put away the snow toys and install my pretty solar lights. Other than that, the sticks are laying in the yard and our garden has remained untouched. I thoroughly enjoyed playing with both Robby and Timmy.  Sometimes, chores can wait!

Yesterday it was too windy to play outside, so we brought the fun indoors. Timmy and I played hot lava for hours. For some reason, he finds hopping down the hallway onto the "safe zone" pads both hilarious and wildly entertaining. I became a little bored with the game, but his enthusiasm and giggles were enough to keep me playing all afternoon.

We had a great weekend doing nothing more than playing. Even though I look around the house at everything that I should have been working on, playing was much for fun.  Sometimes, we all need a little downtime and escape from reality.


No comments:

Post a Comment