About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, April 05, 2019

Tree Climber

Timmy spent another fantastic weather day outside, playing and enjoying the warm temperatures. Without prompting he discovered the joys of tree climbing. My little daredevil quickly scaled past his brother's favorite branch, opting for the higher limbs. I managed to steer him towards a smaller tree.  Going to a high branch in a small tree is thrilling for him without putting my mommy anxiety in overdrive.

Robby has class in Fairfax throughout the afternoon, providing Timmy and me with a three-hour window of time to fill. Because it's raining I think we'll head to his favorite indoor playground to look for buddies and to play. Hopefully, the rain will drive others to a similar decision because it is always more fun when there are lots of kids.

At some point, I need to get my ducks in order to fight the insurance company. Honestly, I just haven't had the energy. But I know that they count on the exhaustion of patients, so I refuse to let them win. This weekend I'll work on getting all my paperwork in order. 

While I'm able to walk, I'm definitely not comfortable. I know that the discomfort is adding to my fatigue and frustration. It's time to gain control over the situation!





No comments:

Post a Comment