About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, April 02, 2019

Waiting

Another beautiful, albeit colder, is on tap for today. I know my little Hamlet will love spending his afternoon playing in the sunshine. Yesterday we were able to spend most of the morning and afternoon outside. While he was running around, exploring and playing in his treehouse, I was slowly but surely getting my yard ready for summer.  

My leg, still in an entirely too small liner, definitely felt the increased activity. The bottom of my limb was cherry red when I went to bed. Thankfully this morning the skin has turned to a strawberry pink hue. Definitely not ideal, but better than bright red so I'm trying to be optimistic.  

I'm hoping that the new liner arrives today. Waiting is frustrating, not only because of my own discomfort but also because it serves as a constant reminder that the insurance company is driving my care. Because of their red tape, I'm forced to stymie my activities and hobble around in discomfort.  I became so angry when I am faced with their barriers to care. We all deserve better!

No comments:

Post a Comment