About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Monument Quest

The travel fairies smiled upon me yesterday, providing me with a smooth flight with well-behaved children.  Although it was a long day of travel ( most of it in a car traveling to or from an airport) both Robby and Timmy traveled like seasoned pros.  Hopefully the trend will continue throughout the week at Grandma's house.

We are headed out to a cemetary monument store ( although I don't really know if it is called a store) this morning.  Scott's mom replaced the headstone on her husband's grave, and apparently the old one is coming back to Virginia with us.

 I have no clue about where we are going to place a headstone in our yard, but I know that I am not in a situation to point out the logistics. Also, I am not completely confident that we will be able to get it home.  I seem to be the only one with misgivings about the weight of the monument, so I am channeling my "keep my opinion in check and go with the flow" attitude as we begin our monument rescue quest.

It should be interesting.  Hopefully I am wrong, and it will be easy to put a headstone in the trunk of a Chevy sedan.

No comments:

Post a Comment