About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, June 03, 2019

Night Ranger

This past weekend was busy and action-packed. 

Friday evening Scott and Robby headed to the Night Ranger concert. The rockers were thrilled to receive VIP badges and a meet and greet opportunity with the band. As I hoped, the musicians were impressed that Robby was celebrating his 13th birthday by going to their concert with his dad.  Between meeting the band and the concert itself, the pair had a fantastic night.

While Robby and Scott were at the concert, I took Timmy to a new ice cream shop in our area. I heard that their cotton candy wrapped ice cream cone was sure to impress, and the reviews did not lead us astray. Timmy was so excited by his treat that he was relegated to simply saying "Woah" and giggling as it was being constructed.  

I spent Saturday at the Pollinator Festival at the Animal Park. Timmy played with a variety of new buddies, running and sliding through the afternoon. After four hours he finally agreed to come home, but I'm pretty sure he only consented because he was under the misconception that the park was closing.

Yesterday it was hot so we spent a few hours playing in the fountains at our local splash pad. Again, my little social butterfly made a new friend and the pair played until the storms began to roll into the area. Timmy and his buddy played so well together that I asked the mom to text me the next time she was coming to the fountains. This was a huge step outside of my comfort zone.

Although the school year is winding down, today we are back to the grind. Robby has to finish his Algebra final and a few assignments in English. Wish us luck!










No comments:

Post a Comment