About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Relief

Finally!  

The rain arrived last night, bringing cooler temperatures to our area. As the rain began to fall, our house became more comfortable. I am so happy with this respite from the overwhelming heat. I am definitely not made for hot weather.

Yesterday morning Timmy and I worked on a new woodworking project. I was impressed with his concentration and his ability to follow instructions. My little feral wild-child seems to be settling down, which is a welcome improvement. After working for nearly an hour with my supervision, he constructed his very own pirate chest.  

The next few hours were spent playing pirates, a game for which I am aptly suited. Robby even got into the action, playing the role of Invader Pirate Brober who kept stealing and hiding our treasure. It was fun having everybody playing and laughing together. I saw a glimmer of hope that, someday, the boys might have mutual interests and share activities.  

As the heat built throughout the afternoon we sought refuge at the bowling alley. (The boys were both delighted that their daddy bowled with them.) By the time we returned home the storms were beginning to form so we spent the rest of the night playing and watching movies.  

I am hoping that the break in the heat will provide relief from my limb swelling. My leg has been feeling both tight and uncomfortable, forcing me to frequently stop to release the pressure and to slip it off. I am ready for the temperatures, and my body, to normalize!





No comments:

Post a Comment