About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Riding

Cooler temperatures have arrived and we could not be happier. I realize that this respite will be short-lived and that summer is forecast to return by the end of the week, but I am choosing to live in the moment. It feels so good to again be comfortable. 

The break in the heat has provided the opportunity for my leg to normalize. The swelling almost immediately receded as soon as the heatwave broke, providing me with some overdue prosthetic relief. Being able to wear my leg without the discomfort and limitations from limb swelling is simply wonderful. 

With my leg feeling better and the weather comfortable, yesterday we were able to play outside. Timmy put his shoes on in record time when I asked him if he wanted to play in the yard. He loves being outside and has become antsy with our indoor play dictate during the heatwave. Much like a dog who has been inside all day, Timmy went running outside as soon as I unlocked the door. 

It didn't take long for him to make his way to our garage to retrieve his bicycle. By the time I made it outside, I found him riding up and down the driveway, singing Baby Shark and grinning from ear-to-ear. I decided that it was a perfect day to join him, so I hopped onto my bike and we went on a long ride through the neighborhood, exploring every side street and stopping to pick blackberries. My little guy was so happy to again be on two wheels! 

My leg is still feeling great today, so I think we will spend a good deal of the afternoon outside. I plan on soaking up every moment of our good weather before the heat returns.

No comments:

Post a Comment