About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, July 04, 2019

Sick Day

My Ampuversary was spent nursing my sick Timmy back to health and strength. When his fever began to rise on Tuesday night I suspected that he was night fighting a virus. I have come to learn how his body reacts to being stressed, and between the heat in Ohio and the early morning travel, my little guy was pushed beyond his limits. 

Typical of an autoimmune response, his body overreacted. Timmy developed a high fever and then he began to vomit. After emptying the contents of his stomach and cooling off thanks to ice packs and Tylenol, he slept for nearly 14 hours. He still didn't feel fantastic yesterday so I kept him quiet on the couch, spending the afternoon watching Polar Express and Grinch and playing Angry Birds on the iPad.  

Today Timmy has completely recovered and has returned to his normal and energetic self. If the weather holds and his fever stays at bay, I think we'll even be able to go see some fireworks tonight!  Happy Fourth of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment