About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Band

Timmy and I had fun during our Nana Getaway, but now we are back to reality. We came home yesterday afternoon, with enough time left in the day to both help Robby with his schoolwork and to make dinner. Sigh. I don't miss the heat, but I am already missing the schedule free days of summer.  
We are all struggling to adjust to the chaos of the school year!

Robby introduced a new activity into our family with his guitar lessons. He loves learning the guitar, and I am proud of his dedication to practicing an hour each night. (Perhaps I am even happier because I don't have to remind him/ nag him into practicing. He actually does it independently.) 

Robby's dedication to learning to play the guitar is goal driven. He really wants to join a rock band at his music school. In order to be matched in a band he needs to demonstrate basic chord skills and the discipline to practice on a regular basis. We began the lessons in August with the hopes of him being ready for band by October. 

Low and behold, yesterday afternoon I received an email inviting Robby to join the "Southern Rock" band at his music school. He was so excited when I showed him the email. The smile on his face definitely lit up the room! After learning the the invitation, he immediately texted his Daddy and called his Nana to share the news.  

I'm so excited for him!

No comments:

Post a Comment