About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, September 16, 2019

All Aboard

All Aboard!

Yesterday my Mom and I took Timmy on a special trip: a visit to the Island Of Sodor to go for a ride on Thomas and his friends. Okay, we actually went to the Strasburg Railroad but we might as well have been at Sodor. The station was transformed for the big Thomas the Train event, complete with everybody's favorite blue engine and his sidekick Percy.

Timmy was excited about going for a ride on Thomas, but once we arrived at the event he became shy and nervous. He clutched my hand and cautiously watched all of the activities from a distance. It wasn't until we practically forced him to go onto the small crank train that he began to loosen up and have fun.  

After he began to relax, Timmy had a fantastic time. He was particularly fond of our train ride, grinning from ear-to-ear and happily waving to everybody we passed along the route.












No comments:

Post a Comment