About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, September 19, 2019

Sick Day

I woke up this morning so happy that it was finally Saturday. I quickly realized that it was only Thursday, and I fear the disappointment will set the tone for the day. Scott is fully recovered from his cold, but I am currently in the throes of the virus. I feel crummy!

Mom's don't get sick days, so I'm going to have to suck it up and keep plowing through the hours until bedtime.  Scott has Parent-Teacher conferences today, so he won't be home until about 7 tonight. It is going to be a long day. Hopefully I start to feel better once I get moving.

Yesterday Timmy discovered the joys of cracking hickory nuts on our driveway. He spent nearly two hours with a hammer, breaking the nuts to 'help' the squirrels eat. Hopefully he will be happy to repeat the activity because it kept him busy and allowed me to sit and rest.  It's about time the nuts were benefiting us somehow!

No comments:

Post a Comment