About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Blending

At the end of an insanely hot summer, it is refreshing to finally put away the shorts. There is something especially cozy about sweatshirts and jeans at the beginning of the season. Curling up in my comfy clothes, hibernating under blankets, is one of my favorite seasonal activities.  I become an unapologetic hermit in the cold months, especially at night.

 I become accustomed to the second glances and stares, but I never really become oblivious to the attention. Walking around with shorts, I am always "different." It is comforting in a way to be able to become invisible within a crowd.  

After months of walking around with my prostheses visible, it is nice to completely blend in with everybody else. I always feel kind of sneaky at the beginning of the jean season, as if I am walking around incognito because people can't immediately see that I have a disability.  I find the ability to blend in oddly exhilarating. 




No comments:

Post a Comment