About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, October 25, 2019

Sick (Still)

The best part of yesterday was finally going to bed at night. Between feeling achy and nursing a congestion headache, I was exhausted all day. Timmy and Robby started to run fevers by mid-afternoon, leaving Scott as the last healthy person in our little family. He spent his evening stocking up on both medication and chicken noodle soup.

For some reason, whenever I become sick I also experience the electrifying jolts of angry nerves through my limb. I'm not sure why it happens, but it is definitely unwelcome. I suspect that it has something to do with the decongestants I take, but I'm not certain. Despite the inclusion of phantom pain into my misery, I ended up sleeping well.

At this point, I am holding on until the weekend. Hopefully Scott remains healthy so that I can continue to rest over the next few days. Next week is Halloween, so being sick is simply not an option.

No comments:

Post a Comment