About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, October 28, 2019

Tests Ahead

The weekend of rest and extra sleep was exactly what I needed to beat the pesky cold. Robby and Timmy are both feeling better, so our family is again on the road towards health. I'm so glad that Scott remained healthy through the mini plague. Having him to pick up the slack definitely helped me relax and focus on getting better.

This is going to be an extraordinarily busy week. Halloween is on Thursday, so my kids the excitement is reaching a fevered pitch. In addition to the holiday festivities, my brother, who has been serving time through a court-mandated program, is being released on Thursday. He has been receiving treatment for the past several months, time which I believe saved his life.

While I am celebrating his sobriety, I remain cautiously optimistic about the coming weeks. I know that the true test lies ahead of him, and I can do little but hope and pray that he remains clean and sober. I have spent many sleepless nights fretting and worrying about his situation and the struggles ahead.

I'm feeling a lot of fears about him being released, but I am trying to do everything I can to support both him and my Mom. This week I am taking the boys to Pennsylvania so that I can care for my niece, nephews, and my mom's pets while she travels to Texas to care for my brother. I am feeling grateful to have the flexibility in my schedule to pack up and leave when needed. Sometimes cyberschool has huge benefits, and this is one of them.

Robby and Timmy are both excited to be reunited with their cousins, and I know that the Cousin Crew will have a fantastic time trick-or-treating. Who knows, maybe I can squeeze an autumnal Aunt Peggy's Adventure into the schedule. 


No comments:

Post a Comment