About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, December 04, 2019

Looking for Some Festive Swag?

2019 has not been an easy year for me. Between professional frustrations and Timmy's health struggles, I feel like I have been torn apart over the past twelve months. Instead of dwelling on the negative I am making a concerted effort to focus on the positive. One bright spot in an otherwise dismal year has been receiving our nonprofit status for Amp'd. 

Dave and I started Amp'd nearly a decade ago. Originally designed to be a twist on the "he said, she said" format with the inclusion of "above knee and below knee" perspectives, our discussions quickly spiraled into the development of resources and collaborative projects. We have been wanting to establish an official nonprofit for several years, and this year we finally went for it!

We have a lot of ideas for Amp'd in the coming year and I am finding myself chomping at the bit to get started. For the first time in what feels like forever, I am actually excited and energized. I can't wait to turn the page on 2019 and get to work on building our new resource and network for the amputee and limb loss community.

To date we have been entirely self-funded. Amp'd has been a passion project, but it is time to grow. We are launching our first official fundraiser this month. We have teamed with Lynch Creek Farm to sell tabletop trees, wreaths, and garlands for the holiday season. (In anticipation of this fundraiser, last year I sent a small tabletop tree to my Mom. The quality was topnotch and it was the perfect addition for the holiday.)  If you are in the market for some festive greenery, I hope that you will consider shopping through our fundraiser.  All funds will be used to develop more resources through Amp'd.


No comments:

Post a Comment