About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Juggling

The weather was dreary, Timmy had a fever (again) and my leg was achy from the cold rain. Yesterday was the perfect excuse for staying in our jammies and cuddling up on the couch in front of a fire. While Timmy occupied himself by watching Grinch and Polar Express (he is still full-on Christmas), I was able to curl up next to him while working on my laptop. 

Being a work-from-home Mom isn't easy, but yesterday I experienced of one of the best perks. I am so incredibly lucky that I am able to stay home with him everyday, but it is especially poignant when he doesn't feel well. I know that many of my friends are not able to work from home, and yesterday I felt a huge surge of gratitude for my situation.

I love being able to stay close to Timmy while still being able to focus on my projects. Of course I wish that he were feeling better, but selfishly I have to admit that I accomplish so much when he is not quite as energetic.  It isn't always easy juggling work commitments with motherhood, but it is worth all the frustrations, the exhaustion, and the hidden tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment