About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, February 14, 2020

Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day.  I hate Valentine's Day, but I felt I would be ignoring the obvious had I not mentioned the holiday.  Scott set the bar low for the holiday when we began dating 20 years ago, so I have no expectations of flowers, treats or balloons. With after school faculty meetings, the introduction of new paperwork that needs to be completed by Monday and parent-teacher conferences lasting past 7 PM last night, I will be lucky if I get a grumpy "I hate Valentine's Day" when he walks through the door tonight.

Timmy, on the other hand, is all in on Valentine's Day. He spent the week drawing and decorating hearts and Valentine's Day themed coloring pages. He woke up with a huge smile while eagerly hugging me to say "Happy Valentine's Day."  Every time he works on one of his heart creations he happily chats about the candy and cookies in his future.

While I would like to think that he has an affinity for hearts and love, I know that he is in it for the heart shaped cookies he has been eye-balling. He loves holidays, but this one he is definitely hijacking for the sweets. He is definitely my son!

Happy Valentine's Day.


No comments:

Post a Comment